Iowa Weapons Permit Information

The Iowa DPS Program Services Bureau has prepared and posted to the web a FAQ document regarding weapons permits on their website here:

*****Reminder: Applications must be filed with the Sheriff of the county of residence (except applications for a Nonresident Professional Permit and applications for a Professional Permit for a state employee whose need to go armed is employment based, which are filed with the Iowa Department of Public Safety).*****